BCC Staff Note: The Association of Biblical Counselors is a partner organization of the Biblical Counseling Coalition. We hope to see you at their annual conference this October!
In October of 1517, Martin Luther began a recovery of the gospel of Jesus Christ that would change the world. In October of 2017, ACBC wants to invite you to join us at our Annual Conference as we celebrate, and as we continue, this Protestant Reformation.
On the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, the biblical counseling movement understands that the truths at the heart of the Reformation are the same truths at the heart of the transformation sought in counseling. It takes a commitment to biblical counseling to restore the truths of Scripture, Jesus, grace, and faith to counseling practice so that broken people would give glory to God alone. This commitment is what is required to be faithfully Protestant.
There will be 50 different sessions at our 2017 ACBC Annual Conference. We have selected ten blog posts from several of our speakers and shared them below. Each of these blog posts is related to the topic they will be addressing at the event. It is our prayer that these posts will encourage, challenge, and edify you in your counseling ministry, and that you will join us this year as we share how a commitment to biblical counseling is the only way to be faithfully Protestant.
- Emotions in Biblical Counseling
- Psychology, Sexual Attraction, and Scripture
- Hope and Help for Self-Injurers
- Thanksgiving: Necessary Ingredient for Sexual Purity
- Complaining God’s Way: Helping People Give Voice to Their Suffering
- Blame after a Breakup
- Good Reasons Not to Worry
- How to Respond to Difficult People
- Sexual Struggles in Marriage
- Ministering the Book of Lamentations