Welcome to our Find a Counselor page! Before you scroll down to find the list, please read the following information.
Are you needing to find a biblical counselor who will minister God’s truth in Christ’s love? Here are some guidelines for finding the right one:
- Take time to research the church, ministry, or individual listed.
- When you first make contact, begin by asking relevant questions about counseling philosophy, method and doctrinal views.
- For guidance in this process we recommend the BCC’s Confessional Statement as well as ABC’s Questions to Ask When Choosing a Counselor
Please note: BCC Partners understand our passion for advancing Biblical Counseling globally and have made the commitment to help us accomplish that work through their financial support. All individuals and ministries listed on our website have stated in writing that they are in agreement with the BCC Confessional Statement and Doctrinal Statement and we have accepted their statement in good faith. The BCC is not a certifying agency and our partners are not required to be certified biblical counselors to be listed on our directory. BCC partners who state that they hold biblical counseling certifications or credentials are listed in good faith by the BCC. You are encouraged to verify the credentials of any individual or organization with whom you may seek counsel.
For additional listings of biblical counselors, we encourage you to visit the following websites:
- ABC maintains a list of vetted biblical counselors that you can find at The Biblical Counseling Network.
- CCEF can be contacted through this form for information regarding CCEF trained biblical counselors.You can also visit their Counseling Services page to get counseling through CCEF directly.
- IABC maintains a list of certified biblical counselors. Their list is searchable by states and includes 8 countries. Here is a link to their list: IABC-Find a Counselor.
- The ACBC maintains a list of certified biblical counselors. Their list is searchable by zip code. Here is a link to their list: ACBC-Find a Counselor.
If you are a biblical counselor and wish to be listed here please email us at [email protected]
Steve TiceWhite Lake, WI
Chris MolesEleanor, West Virginia
Mark HagerLynchburg, VA
Liz PayneAustin, Texas
Ryan J McKeenPennslyvania
W. Gregory LarshAnnville, Pennslyvania
Wendy HorningMeadville, Pennslyvania
Dr Don MacKenzieMount Joy, PA
Deborah DoyleOttawa, Ontario
Roger FreemanBarrie, Ontario
Ron VanCampTulsa, Ok
Armand TiffeMayfield Hts., Ohio
Kathy TiffeMayfield Hts., Ohio
James NewheiserCharlotte, North Carolina
Eric PaceLiberty, NC
Randall SwetnamBelton, MO
Julie GanschowKansas City, Missouri
Dan BannisterSaint Paul, Minnesota
Josh StephensNew Prague, Minnesota
Eliza HuieDamascus (Montgomery County), Maryland
Curtis W. SolomonLouisville, KY
Peter LaRuffaFlorence, Kentucky
Mike SchlossEvansville, Indiana
Nathan ScrogginsGranger, Indiana
Steve CarlockWestfield, Indiana
Dennis GrueningElgin, Illinois
Stephen GanschowSt. Charles, Illinois
Jodi MontgomeryOswego, IL
Pam StoutGainsville, GA
Susan M PhillipsLompoc, California
Thurston NorrisBirmingham, Alabama
Carol GouldBermingham, AL
BCNZ SERVICES LTD
Benjamin W Marshall
Bradley J. Bigney
Carrie M Breedlove
Dale A Stinson
David A Graham
David W Swan, Jr
Douglas H Dunham
Glen S. Richardson
Kathy C Royer
Kenneth W Donaldson
Lewis A Fraser
Living Hope Baptist Church
Mark H Miller
Melvin D Felts
Mrs S Orwin-Lee
Natalie L. McLaughlin
Rafael D Castrejon
Biblical Counseling Residential/Inpatient Centers
Sometimes life’s struggles and besetting sins are so severe that a residential/in-patient treatment center is the best option. Listed below are links to residential/inpatient treatment centers that self-identify as practicing according to a biblical counseling philosophy. The information is summarized from their own websites:
- Christian Discipleship Center: The Christian Discipleship Center is a Bible-based recovery program for Native American Christians who want help and hope in overcoming addiction to alcohol and substance abuse. Their 90-day residential program offers sound spiritual principles for restoration, character rebuilding and life direction. Contact Information: Christian Discipleship Center, 24826 Road L, Cortez, CO 81321, 970-565-3290, [email protected].
- Colony of Mercy: Colony of Mercy is a 120-day residential addiction recovery program for men. Men in the Colony of Mercy program participate in group and individual biblical counseling, Bible studies, work therapy, church-type services, and Scripture memory. Programs for the wives and children of the men in the Colony program are available as well. Contact Information: Colony of Mercy, 601 Route 530, Whiting, NJ 08759, 800-453-7942, [email protected].
- Faith Church Bethany Farms: A residential ministry for men (18 and over) on a 100-acre property called Bethany Farms. This model allows men to get out of the environment and pressures they are experiencing for a period of time to focus simply on changing through the power of God’s Word, and to have more accountability through this difficult season of change. Contact Information: If you have any questions, please contact Greg at 765-449-3770 or [email protected].
- The Father’s Ranch Ministries: The Father’s Ranch Ministries is a nouthetic biblical counseling residential treatment center for women and teenage girls. It is a non-denominational, Christ-centered counseling ministry addressing issues related to sexual abuse, physical abuse, eating disorders, self-harm, drug and alcohol addiction, and unplanned pregnancies. Contact Information: The Father’s Ranch Ministries, PO Box 1352, Tonasket, WA 98855, 509-486-8888, [email protected].
- His Steps Ministries: His Steps Ministries is a Christian discipleship program that reaches out to men who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. They believe that only through Christ can a permanent solution be found—one that restores the man’s heart, soul, and mind to allow him to love others and his family (Matthew 22:37-39). Contact Information: His Steps Ministries, 2011 Meadows Drive, Woodstock, GA 30188, 770-595-4294, [email protected].
- The Mission House: The Mission House is a six-month residential program that believes that addiction is a worship disorder. They follow a Bible-based, Christ-centered transformation program designed to establish an intimate relationship with God through Christ. Contact Information: The Mission House, PMB 216, 3965 Bethel Rd., Ste. #1, Port Orchard, WA 98366, 360-871-4266. For email contact complete the contact form here: http://www.faithmissionhouse.org/contact-us.
- Pure Life Ministries: Pure Life Ministries exists to serve Christian individuals and organizations dealing with sexual sin throughout the world by providing biblically-based counseling, teaching resources, and a public speaking ministry with the goal of leading Christians to victory over sexual sin through a deeper life in God. The 7-to-9-month Live-In Program in rural Kentucky immerses men in a Christ-centered environment with biblical counseling and mutual accountability designed to promote lasting heart change. Contact Information: Pure Life Ministries, 14 School Street, Dry Ridge, KY 41035, 859-824-4444. For email contact complete the contact form here: http://purelifeministries.org/contact.
- Twelve Stones: Sometimes circumstances in life become too hard to handle alone, or even in weekly counseling sessions. In an effort to provide real answers, lasting wisdom, and spiritual encouragement, Twelve Stones provides three-day intensives in a retreat atmosphere that is Christ-centered and carefully tailored to each individual situation. Contact Information: Twelve Stones Ministries, PO Box 223, Helmsburg, IN 47435, 812-597-1212, [email protected].
- Vision of Hope: Vision of Hope recognizes the worth and sanctity of human life by ministering to young women, children, and families in a Christ-centered environment. They offer a faith-based residential treatment program for girls age 14-28 struggling with unplanned pregnancy, alcohol or drug abuse, eating disorders, or self-harm. Contact Information: Vision of Hope, 5652 Mercy Way, Lafayette, IN 47905, 765-447-5900, [email protected].
- Redemption House is a gospel-centered residential biblical counseling ministry for men that struggle with the idolatry of drug and alcohol dependency. Our heart-focused discipleship model helps men to reorient their identity and to replace the selfish desires of the heart with a new affection for Jesus. Residents turn away from themselves and grow in their dependence on Him by incorporating the gospel into the details of life. Over time, they worship their way out of addiction through the practice of honoring God in everything they do. Contact Information: Redemption House, 7590 Susan Lane, Minnetrista, MN 55364; 651-270-2358; [email protected].
- It is important for you to personally research the centers listed above.
- Please exercise due diligence and contact them with pertinent questions.
- The BCC’s Confessional Statement is a good starting place as you seek to find a qualified biblical counseling residential/inpatient center that matches your convictions.
- We also recommend the ABC’s document: Questions to Ask When Choosing a Counselor.