- The goal of marital communication is
- spiritual growth – to use your words to help your spouse look more like Christ.
- union in marriage– to achieve a oneness of understanding.
- responsible, loving, careful speech – to use our words to build up and not to tear each other down.
- Our Model for communication is the incarnation – the Son of God took on flesh and entered into our experience. He was tempted like we were tempted, etc. Just like Christ, a husband and wife’s call is to use words to enter into their spouse’s experience and to understand their spouse.