A Message from Your BCC Team: At the Biblical Counseling Coalition, we love using our “megaphone” to fulfill our BCC mission: to advance the ministry of the biblical counseling movement. Throughout January and February, we’re helping you to learn about vital biblical counseling ministries—like today’s post from Rob Green of Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries.
A Beautiful Landscape
This morning God coated Lafayette, Indiana, with a beautiful blanket of snow. The gray/brown trees are now covered with an inch of wet snow. The snow covering the fields of dirt, waiting to be clothed with the green of crops, reflect the brilliant rays of the sun. This picture reminds me of the way God’s grace has fallen on Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries. God’s grace has produced a beautiful landscape of changed lives just like the snow made a beautiful landscape over the naked trees and frozen dirt.
It didn’t always feel like God’s grace was there. Sometimes there were moments of discouragement or frustration. Like most ministries (if not all) we suffered casualties and probably caused a few. Sometimes God’s grace was as obvious as the nose on our face, while at other times it felt like we were on our own. Yet, as we look back, it becomes clear how God’s grace intervened in countless moments, all moments, making all things beautiful.
Here is an abbreviated list of the blessings of 2014:
- God allowed the Biblical Counseling Conference to grow. Over 1,900 attended last year.
- God allowed us to create a woman’s track where we encourage and equip older women to serve the Lord in counseling (Titus 2:3-5).
- God allowed us to have track 1 translated into Spanish.
- God allowed us to have regional conferences in Seattle, Minneapolis, Toledo, and Iowa.
- God allowed us to offer thousands of hours of counseling to those hurting in our church and in our community.
- God saved souls through the gospel of Jesus Christ using the faithful proclamation of the gospel by our counselors.
- God allowed us to train additional counselors in order to deploy them in effective service.
- God worked in many of the counselees to conform them into a greater likeness of His Son.
As if that were not enough, God has grown Faith Bible Seminary’s MABC program in amazing ways. The student population is full of godly servants of Christ who want to be faithful to Him. His grace is amazing.
Looking to 2015
As we look ahead into 2015, please let us communicate some of our events and some of our dreams.
- February 8-13 is our Biblical Counseling Training Conference. At this point over 1,850 have already registered. We are so grateful that David Powlison will be joining us from CCEF along with a host of other leaders in the movement.
- This year Track 7 of the BCTC will be taught in Spanish by Spanish-speaking counselors. Spanish is the second most common language in our country and many communities cannot be penetrated without the Spanish language.
- This year we will be hosting regional training conferences in Seattle, Washington; Clinton, Mississippi; Toledo, Ohio; and North Liberty, Iowa. If you would like to be a future host site, please contact Pastor Dustin Folden.
- Contact us if you have an interest in an MABC. We are continuing to expand in new and exciting ways and would be happy to speak with you.
As most of you know, Vision of Hope is also a ministry of the church. God has done some amazing work there, and we are asking the Lord to open a similar ministry for men. This is no small endeavor and will require funding that we do not have, but we have seen God provide for this type of ministry expansion before. He has already supplied the vision, the land, and has brought many of the necessary staff members to Faith. Now it is a matter of waiting to see how God provides funding for this endeavor. If you would like more information about our dreams for a companion men’s ministry, please contact me (Rob Green). We have no idea if the Lord will allow this ministry to begin in 2015, but we know His grace will be there every step of the way.
Looking forward to another year of God’s grace falling like snow.