BCC Staff Note: Part of the mission and vision of the BCC is to be a megaphone for the best of the best in biblical counseling. The BCC is not about the BCC. The BCC is about BC—biblical counseling for Christ’s glory. In today’s Grace & Truth blog post we use our BCC megaphone to highlight a wonderful equipping opportunity through the Association of Biblical Counselors and their Annual Conference. This year’s conference theme: Solace: Comforting the Broken Hearted.
Solace: Comforting the Broken Hearted
Brokenness is an existential reality—broken marriages, broken homes, emotional brokenness, physical brokenness, spiritual brokenness—we live in a fractured and broken world. Thankfully, brokenness is not our final reality! We are assured that Someone exists in the midst of the brokenness who is committed to its eradication. The psalmists writes, “He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalms 147:3).
- Do you long to commune with God in the midst of your own brokenness?
- Do you cherish the opportunity to learn how to effectively minister God’s word to the hurting among us?
- Do you thirst for the deep waters of truth offered you by God to mend your broken heart?
- Do you want to learn more about how the psalms speak to the brokenness of your life or the lives of others around you?
If you can answer, “Yes” to any of these questions, then you don’t want to miss the Association of Biblical Counselors’ annual conference, Solace: Comforting the Broken Hearted!
Three Days of Biblical Equipping for Life and Ministry
Join the ABC from April 25-27, 2013 as speakers Matt Chandler, Paul Tripp, Ed Welch, Justin Holcomb, Greg Love, Jeremy Lelek, Margaret Ashmore, and Garrett Higbee guide participants on a journey towards solace as only found in God.
On Thursday, speakers will tackle the very difficult issue of responding to childhood sexual abuse. If there is anything the Church MUST do well it is protect and nurture our children. ABC is partnering with Respond to offer an exceptional line-up of speakers to address this topic including Matt Chandler, Paul Tripp, Greg Love, and Justin Holcomb.
On Friday and Saturday, some of the most gifted leaders in biblical counseling will take attendees to the book of Psalm to teach how this wonderful book may be practically applied to actual brokenness in our day. Speakers will include Ed Welch, Paul Tripp, John Henderson, Jeremy Lelek, and Margaret Ashmore.
How to Register
This is a special event you will not want to miss. Register today at the ABC’s 2013 Registration Page.
- When: April 25th, 2013 9:00 AM through April 27th, 2013 12:00 PM
- Where: The Village Church, 2101 Justin Road, Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Cost: ABC Conference 2013 $149.00
- Keep Aware: Stay up with the latest news for Solace on Twitter with #ABC13.
Watch the Video
To truly gain a picture of how God can use Solace: Comforting the Broken Hearted in your life, view the introductory video.
Join the Conversation
How has the Association of Biblical Counselors ministered to you?
If you’ve attended past ABC National Conferences, how did God use the conference in your life and ministry?